Last Updated: November 14, 2020
We receive or collect information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services.
- Your Identities Information - All DIDs, VCs, Contacts and Attribute information in your identities, which you generate and utilize to access Services, are stored on your own device and in an encrypted form on our server to enable a backup procedure via the Seed Phrase. Therefore, neither we nor any third parties can read them.
- Your use of Services - Whenever you interact with third-party service providers (e.g. a decentralized exchange or another app on device), it is up to you if you want to consent to the requested information.
- Customer Support - We may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
- Metrics and Performance Data - We may collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes high level information about your activity (such as how you use our Services and how you interact with others using our Services), and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Device and Connection Information - We may collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This may include your IP address and, if you choose to allow push notifications through Minerva Wallet, your device's unique push token.
- Status Information - We may collect information about your online status on our Services, such as when you last used our Services (your „last seen status“).
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to help us operate, provide, improve, customize, support, and market our Services. We may use your information to:
- Provide the Services and customer support you request;
- Verify your identity;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted Terms;
- Customize, measure, and improve the Services and the content and layout of our application;
- Deliver targeted marketing and service update notices based on your communications preferences.
We will not use your information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission.
We will never sell or rent your information to third parties.
Any communications we send to you will either be related to your Minerva Wallet or will be related to the Services. In the event we send any communication to you which is not related specifically to your Minerva Wallet, we will provide you with an „unsubscribe“ mechanism through which you may opt out of receiving other similar messages in the future.
We do not allow third-party banner ads on Minerva Wallet, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
If you use your Accounts to send a transaction to another user, that user will have access to your transaction information, respectively. Users with whom you interact with may store or re-share your information with others, on or off of our Services.
We, however, will never have access to your underlying messages or store your transaction information.
We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our Terms.
The Minerva Wallet is considered by us as a public good and therefore the lab10, which by itself is a non-profit cooperative, has no intention to make the App available to be acquired.
We use a number of technical and procedural measures to ensure the safety of your data.
These include encrypting data, only storing and transferring it where we know it is safe and restricting access to who can see or use the data.
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information within the Minerva Wallet, you can always do that on your device and the changed data is backed up on our server.
We do provide a feature within the App that will display your locally stored secret, twelve-word Seed Phrase to you so that you may write it down and keep a copy of it off of your device.
You can also access your Minerva Wallet via another device by using your Seed Phrase and recover the wallet on the other device. Nevertheless, we should highlight, that this might lead to data inconsistencies and you should make sure that you make changes to your data (e.g. transactions, new accounts, etc.) only when you have frequently good internet connection with your devices so that every device can pull the latest data from the server.
You may delete your Minerva Wallet from your device at any time. When you delete your App, your data will stay for six more months on our servers before it may be deleted. This will enable a full recovery even if you have not installed the Minerva Wallet with its corresponding seed phrase on any device for up to six months. After that you will still be able to recover your Accounts and DIDs, but custom names, contacts, transaction history, etc. are starting from afresh.
You have various rights in your information such as the right to ask us what information we hold about you, ask us to correct or delete information about you or to restrict our use of it. You also have the right to request us to export or transfer data to other companies and storage places. And you have the right to complain about our use of your data and submit a complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding how we collect, use and store information about you, join our community Telegram channel linked in the App and ask for further information.